Orthopedic Massage Series Assessment and Treatment Strategies for Soft Tissue Pain and Injury Training DVDs
5 DVD Set
Dr. Ben Benjamin makes this highly technical and complex material clear and accessible. With precision, humor, and insight he uses a step-by-step approach to teach practitioners the anatomy, assessment, treatment techniques, and injury rehabilitation for working with neck pain.
You'll learn how to differentiate muscle and ligament injuries from more serious disc injuries, and you'll fine-tune your palpation skills and hands-on treatment techniques. After you've learned the theoretical background, assessment procedures, and treatment techniques, we integrate this knowledge through enactment of a real case.
Cervical Anatomy in Depth
1. Anatomy of all relevant structures
2. Anatomy drawing
3. Anatomy palpation
1. Principles of assessment
2. Assessment tests
3. Taking the cervical history
Integration: Cervical Concepts and Theory
1. Referred pain in the cervical area
2. The pathophysiology of scar tissue
3. Predisposing factors
4. General concepts
5. Cervical theory and integration
1. Principles of friction therapy to the cervical area
2. Friction techniques for the cervical area
3. Myofascial therapy
4. Massage therapy
5. Other treatment techniques
1. Enactment of an actual case of cervical pain
2. Common questions practitioners ask
35 CE Hours*
*You will be emailed a link to any exams for the DVD series you purchase. Exams can be taken at any time - NO TIME LIMITS OR DUE DATES! Upon passing the exam, you will be emailed your Certificate of Completion indicating the CEs you have earned.
Also available separately as a Premium Streaming online title.